- The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) recognizes physical therapists as the preferred provider among consumers and other health care professionals for the diagnosis of, interventions for, and prevention of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities related to movement, function, and health.
- Pennsylvania law allows consumers Direct Access (DA) to physical therapy services. Direct Access allows you to seek treatment from a Direct Access certified physical therapist of your choosing without a physician's referral for up to 30 days if appropriate.
- Access to immediate physical therapy services including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Direct consultation with your therapist to determine if therapy is appropriate, or if further examination by your physician is warranted.
- Earlier intervention for your back pain.
- Ability to choose your own therapist as you would your physician or other health care provider. Please remember that you have a right to attend Physical Therapy of your choice.
- Many insurance carriers are participating in Direct Access.